ARMM - Agribusiness Profile
Location and Geography
- The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) created on August 1, 1989 through RA 6734.
- Composed of five (5) provinces and a city namely: Basilan, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu, Tawi-tawi and the City of Marawi and Lamitan.
- The region is strategically located in the Brunei Darussalam – Indonesia- Malaysia-Philippines East Asian Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA).
- The region with a total land area of 27,517.1 sq,kms.
- Population (Census 2010)
- 3.256 Million
- Major Crops
- Abundant supplies of marine resources such as various fishery species, pearls and seaweeds.