CARAGA - Agribusiness Profile
Location and Geography
- Created in 1995 under R.A. 7901
- Consists of five (5) provinces :Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte and Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Islands and cities of Butuan, Surigao and Bislig. Newly created cities: Tandag, Cabadbaran and Bayugan.
- Total Land Area: 1.9 Million hectares
- Type II climate - has no pronounced dry season.
- Pronounced maximum rainfall in November and March with rainy days (18-25 days/ month).
- Population (Census 2010)
- 2.429 Million
- Major Crops
- Oil Palm